Don’t panic. There are still plenty of ways—and plenty of days—to get in your last, sunny licks of summer.
1. Try some of the crazy cool ice cream flavors (think: poppy seed, matcha, sesame, and pickle) and concoctions (watermelon ice cream sandwiches, cones dipped in 24k gold) that have been all over your Instagram feed this summer.
3. If you haven’t caught an outdoor movie yet, grab a blanket (and some booze in a thermos) and get to one of our favorite fresh-air films.
4. Play all day with the family at the revitalized waterfront Domino Park in Williamsburg, where an awesome playground, killer fountain, gourmet tacos, and Micheladas await.
6. Take advantage of all the great NYC alfresco dining before you need to wear something heavier than a tank top.
8. Blade in the shade at Riverbank State Park in Hamilton Heights, where the partially outdoor skating rink transforms into an in-line skating arena for the summer. The covering lets the cool breeze in while keeping the UV rays out.
9. Drink frosé on a rooftop. You know you want to.
10. Knock back some Coronas with lime after a few buckets of crabs—and a few rounds of cornhole—at Red Hook’s Brooklyn Crab.
12. Enjoy wine, cheese, and viniculture history during a tour and tasting at Rooftop Reds, the world’s first urban vineyard.
13. Zip-line across the Bronx River.
14. Spend all day at an outdoor beer garden.
16. Get away from it all—just a step off an East Village sidewalk—at the East 6th Street Community Garden, one of our favorite pocket oases in the city.
18. Tee off with the kids at the suburb-worthy, 18-hole mini golf course—complete with water features, sand traps, and a cave—at Hudson River Park’s Pier 25 in Tribeca.