Polish your party shoes and brush up on your small talk, because (like it or not) holiday soirée season is upon us. Cocktails and appetizers in a swank space are always nice, but break the mold with something a bit more unexpected this year. There are so many different ways to celebrate in this city—whether it’s with employees and colleagues, clients, friends, or family—and we can help you get the planning and the party started. Let us count the ways.
1. Sip champagne and bake delicious cakes to take home—with the help of a professional pastry chef—in an airy Williamsburg kitchen.
2. Plan a Pinot-tasting party at an urban winery.
3. Get in formation with your coworkers for a private Beyoncercise class. Check up on it!
4. Jump out of a plane and fight zombies with your team at a virtual reality arcade.
5. Give back at your get-together with a special meal-prep event through God’s Love We Deliver.
7. Commission an exclusive immersive theater experience—in your home, office, or anywhere—for your group.
8. Get cooking with a top chef, then eat the fruits (and meats and veggies) of your labor in an exclusive restaurant.
10. Karaoke (duh!).
11. Send your invitees the password for a tucked-away speakeasy, complete with live jazz and bespoke cocktails.
12. Toast the season as you nosh on gourmet bar food at a lively downtown biergarten.
13. Book a private bungee class in a hip yoga studio. (You know you’ve always wanted to see Bob from accounting in tights.)
14. Throw an under-the-sea affair and have a brine time learning to shuck and slurp oysters.
15. Swing into the New Year at a jazz and supper club, where your team can learn the Lindy Hop and cut up the dance floor.
16. Arrange a sake and sushi soirée at this Japanese oasis.
17. Heat things (that is, sand) up at a small-group, private glassblowing class.
18. Have a magical night filled with illusions, trippy immersive experiences, and plenty of photo ops at the Museum of Illusions.
19. Steal these fun bachelorette party ideas and host your bash in a burlesque club, a nail salon, or a bowling alley.